CD images with audio tracks

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu CD images with audio tracks

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mystery Keeper
    Participant

First of all, thank you guys very much for a great free product!

I don’t know much about different CD images formats and about CD layout itself. But I tried to work with different images and came to two conclusions:

1. CD can have multiple “tracks”. Some of them can be audio tracks and some – data tracks.
    2. WinCDEmu only provides access to data tracks, completely ignoring audio tracks.

That’s a major problem. Could you please implement proper audio tracks support?

Gorrofred
    Participant

Hello! I think I have te same problem. In w10.

A Mdf/mds with timeshock pinBall game CD runs ok, install and everything, EXCEPT the music on game because this is from the musicCD track of CD, not from data track.

the same mdf mds cd with alcoh…. in w7 all run ok, game with music in game

TIA

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Gorrofred.
    ClockworkBastard
    Participant

I need virtual CD’s only for retro PC gaming so lacking CDDA audio in virtual drive is not an option for me.

That’s a pity, overall cool software.

Registered on the forum just to subscribe to that topic. And now – keep on searching for VCD I need

necros
    Participant

+1

hexaae
    Participant

+10

It’s the MOST WANTED feature for this lightweight and useful tool. Many retro games (e.g. Earthworm Jim and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure) using data+audio tracks in .cue images can’t be properly emulated 🙁

Only DaemonTools can ATM…

kastal
    Participant

Since Windows can mount iso images, the only reason people use 3rd party software is to mount special image files, like old game cd’s with audio tracks. There are a lot of these (Heroes of Might and Magic II for example). WinCDEmu is a great software, but a little bit useless because we have to use daemon tools anyway if we want to mount these special mixed mode images.

insensitiveclod
    Participant

Given that it has been 971 days since the original posting I don’t think it’s being implemented.  Too bad as it’s the one feature most needed to a large portion of people evaluating this type of software.  All the best in your future endeavours.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.