CC3220S Launchpad

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB CC3220S Launchpad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jfriordan
    Participant

I am using visualgdl with visual studio and TI 3220s Launchpad.

I’m using the blinky tutorial and when I try to run I get the following errors:

“The memory location used for the stack (0x2003ffc) is not writeable.

Please check the selected device type and linker script”

In session window :

Load failed,  -var-assign: could not assign expression to variable object, command aborted.

I’m using that XCC3200JR.lds  linker file  that’s loaded with the  Xcc3200JR embedded device.  It seems to be correct.

Can anyone tell how to correct this?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

CC3220S is a different chip from CC3200 and is not supported by us directly (it looks to be much less popular than CC3200, so we currently don’t have plans for supporting it directly).

Please follow our legacy device tutorial to setup a project manually.

CB
    Participant

We also are using VisualGDB with the CC3200 part and are transitioning to the CC3220. We know we can port our VisualGDB project over to TI’s Code Composer but we really would prefer to continue using Visual Studio and VisualGDB.

We see you are not currently planning to support this chip. Our attempts to follow the legacy support instructions have not succeeded. We currently have three licenses to your product and all will need to support the CC3220 in some fashion. I am hoping for some assistance from you to make this transition work.

Thank you.

Chris

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We looked into the new CC3220S SDK and unfortunately its internal structure is completely different from the SDK we used for CC3200.

Given that currently the popularity of CC3220S is a fraction of the CC3200 popularity, we do not have any short-term plans for fully wrapping the new SDK.

We could help you resolve any issues you discover while following the legacy device tutorial or we could also build an updated BSP for a small fee as a part of our consulting services if you don’t want to wait until CC3220S gets enough popularity for us to support it officially.

Another option would be to create a project with Code Composer and import it into VisualGDB (or debug the ELF file produced by it via Quick Debug).

CB
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the timely response.

I realize that this forum post was directed at the CC3220S, while we are targeting a Module version based off the CC3220SF chip. The precise part we are using is CC3220MODSF12MOBR or  CC3220MODSF for short.

Our initial tests used the CC3220SF-LAUNCHXL from TI, but now we use our own custom board.

One of the other challenges is the CC3220 part requires extra signalling to program and the firmware baked into the CC3220SF-LAUNCHXL board manages this extra signal. Thus requiring the CC3220SF-LAUNCHXL to program via serial on board or external CC3220 chips. Eventually other programming software will get updated to add this logic but to date that has not happened.

Thanks,

Chris

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying this. We have replied with further details to the support ticket you opened.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.