Can’t find the compiled file anywhere

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Can’t find the compiled file anywhere

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I’m testing VisualGDB as a potential development tool. And I need to know how I can find the binary file of the compiled program on my device (BeagleBone running Android)
    Everything works very well in debug and release modes, but I can’t seem to find my program “BeagleBoneDemo”. I did a search for it with “find / -name *BeagleBoneDemo* ” but this yielded no results, does VisualGDB rename the executable file??

Also, I would like to know the best way to transfer files between the device and my windows development platform

Thank you very much

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Where the binary of your build is located depends on the project type. If your project is a normal Linux project built on the BeagleBone then the binary is in the build directory on the device, you can see the file transfer path on the project settings page in VisualGDB Project Properties (by default a subdirectory of /tmp/VisualGDB). If you are building the Linux project using a cross-compiler, then the binary is in the project directory on the Windows machine, before debugging the binary is deployed to /tmp. If your project is an Android project producing an apk file, then this also can be found in the project directory on the Windows machine, during deployment it is installed as all other apps on the Android device. Usually VisualGDB does not rename the binaries, only library project outputs and Android apk files have the necessary prefixes and suffixes appended.

The best way to transfer files between the device and the Windows machine depends on the use case. Source files for Linux projects are transferred automatically, if anything else is needed for routine transferring then adding transfer commands to Custom build steps, Custom debug steps and Custom shortcuts in VisualGDB Project Properties is most convenient. If SSH is not possible due to using Android, then make these commands use “adb pull” or “adb push” instead. For one-off transfers you can open an SSH console to the device from Tools->SSH Host Manager and use the SCP menu there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.