Can't create Embedded Project from Sample

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Can't create Embedded Project from Sample

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jona
    Spectator

I’m new to VGDB. I was able to create FreeRTOS test projects from VGDB when I started my license a month or so ago. Now, attempting to create a new embedded project from a CubeMX sample (FreeRTOS Semaphore from ISR) fails with VGDB saying:

” Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32\VendorSamples\F7\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\FreeRTOS\FreeRTOS_SemaphoreFromISR’.

There may have been an update done or something?

The /VendorSamples folder does not contain an /F7 folder. Instead it contains

/F0
    /F1
    /F2
    /F3
    /F4
    ….
    /STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0.

But in //STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0.  there are no files. There are a couple of empty folders under /Projects/STM32756G_EVAL

Looks like a download failed or something?

in short, the /F7 folder doesn’t exist and the remaining existing folder that references the F7 at all is incomplete.

I may not have explained this well! Looks like an update was attempted and it removed the old /F7 folder but didn’t complete the update download?

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a corrupt/incomplete BSP installation. Please try opening the VisualGDB Package Manager (via Tools->VisualGDB) and reinstalling the STM32 BSP.

jona
    Spectator

Thank you . I eventually downloaded the STM32 package and installed it via VGDB package manager.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.