Can’t connect to target

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Can’t connect to target

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    borge
    Participant

Hi, I hope you can help a newbie getting started with VirtualDDK.

I have two targets, a virtual Win7-32 in VMware and a physical Win7-32 with a nullmodem cable. VirtualBox is not stable with the kind of driver I wish to install.

The physical machine won’t boot with the [VirtualKD] [debugger enabled] option. But with normal boot, discovery request does show up in DDKLaunchMonitor. But the window named Connecting to kernel debugging session keeps saying “10 write to 0x1” without continuing.

On the VM things are rougher. Normal boot does not get discovery requests. [VirtualKD] boot gets discovery requests. But now Connecting to… says “Throttle 0x10 write to 0x1 n 8007803E1,1,0) fails.”

When I cancel the connection attempt to the physical machine it does not have consequenses. But when I cancle the attempt to the VM I get the message “The named pipe used for debugging is busy. If you have WinDbg open, please close it!”. This happens in spite of me not having selected a named pipe as the connection message, but rather a discovered VM.

The very first attempt with the VM did get me further, but no actual debuggint took place. Instead, certain drivers were put on the slow startup list. Now I can’t get back to that state. In the meantime I have rebooted all targets and the host multiple times.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
    Borge

borge
    Participant

The one difference I see in my system compared to the tutorial is that %DDKPATH% is not set. I know the tutorial says it’s not needed. Still, that’s the one difference I see.

With VisualDDK 1.5.7 I see discovery requests on the target and timeouts on the host.

With VirtualKD 2.8 things seem to be functional.

My target is Win7-32 (VMware and physical machine) my host is Win7-64. Visual Studio 2010 Pro, WDK 7600.16385.1, Debug tools installed.

Thanks,
    Børge

sally
    Participant

I also encounter the same problem as you are,have you solve it? If you have,please help me . Thank you very much!

Anonymous
    Participant

I had same problem and solved this issue through below modify.
    (Win7 Pro x64/VS2008/WDK7.1)

1. Check Boot.int of Target PC ( Open C:Boot.ini with NOTEPAD )-> Unreadable Charater (Delete it).

C:Boot.ini
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS

[operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS=”Microsoft Windows XP Professional [VirtualKD]” /DEBUG /DEBUGPORT=bazis /fastdetect /noexecute=optin

2. Run VS2008 with Administration Privilege (Windows Vista ~ Windows 7). –> Development PC(Host)

3. Check Firewall Setting.–>Target PC.

😐

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.