Can't compile after moving from VS2019->2022

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Can't compile after moving from VS2019->2022

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mattia
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve an old embedded project with STM32 which worked in VS2019. I’m using VisualGDB 5.6R8 build 4702. After moving to VS2022, I can’t compile anymore, the build fails with the error:

“Failed to start MSBuild.exe: Impossibile trovare il file specificato. Ensure that MSBuild is in your PATH.”

Also, in MSBuild Settings in VisualGDB properties I can load page, the details are:

Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.ProjectException: Nella regola "ConfigurationGeneral" manca la proprietà "RemoteBuildHost".
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.ProjectErrorUtilities.ThrowProjectExceptionHelper(Exception innerException, String unformattedMessage, Object[] args)
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.ProjectErrorUtilities.ThrowProjectException(String message, Object arg0, Object arg1)
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.ProjectErrorUtilities.ThrowRulePropertyMissing(ConfiguredProject configuredProject, String ruleName, String propertyName, String fileName, String itemType, String itemName)
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.VisualC.VCProjectEngine.VCRulePropertyStorage.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<<GetEvaluatedPropertyValue>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    --- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
    in System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project.VisualC.VCProjectEngine.ApartmentMarshaler.<>c__DisplayClass9_0`1.<<Invoke>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    --- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
    in System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTask.CompleteOnCurrentThread()
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTask`1.CompleteOnCurrentThread()
    in VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.Property_pages.MSBuildSettingsPage.ControllerImpl.UpdateRepairText(IVCConfiguration cfg)
    in VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.Property_pages.MSBuildSettingsPage.ControllerImpl.TryUpdateProjectContext(mh1 newProjectContext, oe3 ctx2)
    in VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.Property_pages.MSBuildSettingsPage.ControllerImpl.Stub.CreatePropertyPage(mh1 newProjectContext, oe3 ctx2)
    in VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.ProjectPropertiesEditModel.p1.CreatePageIfMissing(mh1 b, uo c, ProjectPropertiesEditModel d, oe3 a)
    in VisualGDB.Common_GUI.Configuration_editors.ProjectPropertiesEditModel.b2(IOnDemandPropertyPage a)

Is it related to VisualGDB or Visual Studio new version?

Thank you,

Mattia Berton

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your technical support period has expired. We would be happy to help you, however we would kindly ask you to renew your technical support on the following page first: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey

mattia
    Participant

Just renewed!

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for renewing your support.

This error would happen if the project file would be corrupt (e.g. edited manually). The easiest way to troubleshoot it would be to create another similar project from scratch, make sure it builds, an then compare the .vcxproj files one-by-one, specifically the PropertyGroup parts.

If there are too many differences, you can try merging half of them at a time (i.e. replacing the XML tags with the ones from the other file) and reopening the solution to see if it solves the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.