Most likely, you have selected an incompatible combination of settings at some point. If you can reproduce the problem reliably, please share the exact steps we could follow on our side from scratch to reproduce the problem, including all relevant screenshots per our problem reporting instructions and we will investigate it further.
I’ve resolved the issue but I’m not 100% sure what I did.
Originally I started following old instructions for building a qt app, then stopped and used the newer one. That left the SysGCC files installed in a different location and in the path. After I updated the PATH it seemed to work. I think that was all that I had to change.