Cannot start debugging

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Cannot start debugging

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aune
    Participant

After upgrading to 5.6 (build 4461) I cannot seem to start debugging anymore. I get the following exception.

VisualGDB version: 5.6.101.4461
    —————— System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception ——————
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Ingen tilgang
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at lg1.f(String a)
    at lg1..ctor(CommandLineAction c, String a, String g, Boolean e, Boolean& b, Boolean f, Boolean d)
    at al3.i(CommandLineToolLaunchInfo c, RemoteHostSettings a, CommandLineAction& b)
    at al3.LaunchCommandLineTool(CommandLineToolLaunchInfo a)
    at SeggerEDP.SeggerDebugController.StartGDBStub(IDebugStartService startService, DebugStartContext context)
    at ik2.q1(ConfiguredDebugMethod a)
    at j71.e_2(DebugCustomizationSettings a, Boolean b)
    at ob1.g2()
    at f1.o2()
    at VisualGDB.GDBDebugEngine.f1(l73 b, i1 a)
    trace=[System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess:1008, lg1.f:197, lg1..ctor:51, al3.i:327, al3.LaunchCommandLineTool:38, SeggerEDP.SeggerDebugController.StartGDBStub:322, ik2.q1:251, j71.e_2:0, ob1.g2:6989, f1.o2:33, VisualGDB.GDBDebugEngine.f1:69]

Any suggestions ?

I can easily connect to the debugger directly using commandline jlink

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This error means that VisualGDB is not able to launch the J-Link GDB server. Please double-check the J-Link path specified in VisualGDB Project Properties -> Debug Settings. It must be valid and must contain the  JLinkGDBServerCL.exe file. If the file does exist, please try disabling your antivirus software – sometimes it would block arbitrary executables from running.

aune
    Participant

I’ve checked the settings and the folder you mentioned. As you can see from the attached pictures, the file you mention is in the folder set in the settings.

I’ve also looked at the antivirus logs and the antivirus software has not blocked anything, there is no entries in the logs about this file.

I’ve also tried reinstalling visual studio and VisualGDB, but still same result.

I’ve worked with VisualGDB for a while without any issues, this only happened once I upgraded to the latest version.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    aune
    Participant

Trying different things I noticed that if I try to start the JLinkGDBServerCL.exe manually it cannot connect to the target, but JLinkGDBServer can, same with JLink commander. Just wanted to mention it incase it helps.

aune
    Participant

Strange.. I tried reinstalling VisualGDb again and this time it was refused access to vgagent.exe… Restarting visual studio and we’re back to no access to gdbserverCL… Almost looks like VisualStudio/VisualGDB does not have access to the files…

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

vgagent.exe is often blocked by antivirus software as a false positive. You can read more on this page: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/falsepositives/

Please consider reporting it as a false positive to your antivirus vendor and/or adding vgagent.exe to the exception list. Please also feel free to let us know the antivirus you are using, so that we could update our knowledge base.

aune
    Participant

I’m using ( or my company is… ) Webroot SecureAnywhere.

Thanks for the support

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.