Cannot run command line command Custom Build Step?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Cannot run command line command Custom Build Step?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    curtis.hendrix
    Participant

I’m having problems getting a command line commands to run after the build of a project is completed.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the Custom build steps window.

The command

Run "rmdir /Q /S obj_files 2> null" in directory "$(BuildDir)..\bin\" on build machine

is failing with

VisualGDB: Run "rmdir /Q /S obj_files 2>null" in directory "C:\Projects\MyProject\Bootloader..\bin\" on local computer
    1> VisualGDB: Error: Failed to start process (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\vgagent.exe /b rmdir /Q /S obj_files 2>null): The directory name is invalid
    1> VisualGDB: Error: Build has failed. See the Output window for more details.
    1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\external.targets(12,3): error : Build failed. Please examine the build output (View->Output) for details.

I tried hard coding the path to cmd.exe into the “Command” line, but that didn’t help.

Why is the command trying to start vgagent.exe and how can I run a windows command line command after a project builds?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like the directory path is invalid:

C:\Projects\MyProject\Bootloader..\bin\

the correct one should be as follows:

C:\Projects\MyProject\Bootloader\..\bin\
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.