Cannot Mount Devices under Windows 7 Pro x86

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Cannot Mount Devices under Windows 7 Pro x86

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I’m having a strange issue that doesn’t appear to be listed… I’m currently running the latest version of Windows 7 x86 Professional Edition, and while the installation went just fine I can’t seem to mount anything. The “Select Drive Letter & Mount” option appears when I right click on an image files, it launches vmnt when I double click, and the first time I click an image it even makes the ‘mounted’ sound. However, beyond that noise absolutely nothing seems to happen. No new drive letter, no mounted disk. I’m using the latest version of Wincdemu, 3.1. Any hep you can give would be greatly appriciated, as I much prefer wincdemu to the other image mounting tools out there.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Participant

I’m getting the same thing, windows 7 x86. Not sure if I heard a mount sound, but it just won’t go – no drive letter appears. I thought it might be a UAC problem but I have UAC turned completely off.

Anonymous
    Participant

Running WINCDEMU 3.1 12-6-09

Anonymous
    Participant

same here under vista x86. even worse, i get blue screen at shutdown. running version 3.1

support
    Keymaster

Ok, please gather all .dmp files from your WindowsMinidump directory, pack them into a ZIP file and send to support (at) sysprogs.org. This will help me to determine the reason of the problem and to fix it.

Anonymous
    Participant

Sorry if I’ve somewhat high-jacked the thread from Windows 7. But all the symptoms described by chrysalisx were the same on my Vista (Home Premium, SP2), plus the blue screen at shutdown.

I was able to get v2.3 to work though.

Then I saw this thread:
    http://forum.sysprogs.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=115

although it is a bit different in that the blue screen only comes up when Windows is shutting down.

That’s when I remember that my system came preloaded with a bunch of Roxio apps. After removing those programs, v3.1 is now working on my Vista.

support
    Keymaster

Ok, this seems to be some kind of incompatibility. WinCDEmu 3.x uses a new ‘virtual SCSI’ model to create virtual drives. However, most advanced commands (that go beyond just reading some data) are replied with “not supported” status. I guess, this confuses many 3rd-party products (e.g. Roxio) and causes them to crash. That also explains why I cannot reproduce the bug on any of my machines.
    I will look towards including a ‘debug mode’ in the next release of WinCDEmu that will collect precise records of all received requests, so I will be able to understand why the 3dr-party components get confused. You can also e-mail Roxio techsupport, as, if their driver actually causes blue screens, the bug is contained in it and WinCDEmu can just provide a workaround by responding to more non-essential requests…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.