cannot access ssh directory

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB cannot access ssh directory

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    twdi
    Participant

Via buildroot i’ve created an image for my raspberri pi 3. I’ve used the tutorial from:

https://github.com/fhict/el32-buildroot/blob/master/README.md

I want to create applications from visual studio 2017 for Rpi3.

I can connect with putty to my Pi but when I use the VisualGdb wizard to create a new project, I get an error message when I want to setup a new SSh connection. See attachment.

I’ve allready added OpenSSH to the image but that does not solve the issue.

I’m using the latest VisualGdb in trial mode. Is this a know issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like VisualGDB is having trouble configuring the remote system to accept your public key.

Normally VisualGDB would open a new session, run the ‘pwd’ command immediately to find out the home directory, append “/.ssh” to it and run the following command:

test -d <SSH directory> || mkdir -m 700 <SSH directory>

If the command fails, VisualGDB would display that it cannot access the SSH directory.

You can work around this by simply unchecking the “setup private key-based authentication” checkbox in the SSH setup window or by double-checking the target directory structure and ensuring that the account you are using with SSH has the <home>/.ssh directory.

twdi
    Participant

Now it seems like, the process goes one step further. I saw an error about a missing GDBServer.

I expected the wizard to install this, but if fails with these errors:

Tool arguments:
    sh: /usr/bin/xauth: not found
    sh: /tmp/VisualGDB_ToolchainTestProgram_Deployed: not found

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You might be able to ignore the xauth error (unless you are relying on X11 connection forwarding). The ‘file not found’ issue could be tricker. It would mean that the OpenSSH server confirms the file upload, but doesn’t actually upload anything under /tmp.

Please double-check that /tmp exists and is writable from the current user account. As a shortcut, you could also install gdbserver via ‘sudo apt-get install gdbserver’.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.