Building without launching gdbserver

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Building without launching gdbserver

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nOlander
    Participant

This may have been answered somewhere else previously, I feel like it should’ve, but I haven’t been able to find it yet, so I’m asking here. Is it possible to configure VisualGDB to build locally and deploy the application to the remote host without attempting to launch GDB? I’ve got the ability to build the binaries locally and then transmit them to the server, but since it builds without debug flags gdbserver can’t work with it, and I have to click through a few different windows to close them out after gdbserver fails to launch and VisualGDB subsequently fails to start debugging.

It’s really just a minor annoyance, so not important, but I was curious if this was possible!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are using the Custom edition, you can add a post-build step that will upload arbitrary files or directories to the target after the build, or add it as a custom shortcut (a new menu entry for it will appear under the Project menu). If not, consider setting the gdb command line to something that will exit immediately and then configuring VisualGDB not to show the “gdb exited” warning.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.