Building project failed

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Building project failed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    geisterfahrer
    Participant

Hello,

I hold the Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022 and recently acquired the Visualgdb to build and debug projects from STM32.

If I start a new project, e.g., LEDBLINK (HAL), it builds the project without a problem.

However, when I try to build another project that is being developed the following error is displayed in the Error List:

Error   MSB3073    The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe" /build "C:\Users\gg\Documents\GitAlpha\EMCab_Backup\AppAlpha2018.vcxproj" "/solution:C:\Users\gg\Documents\GitAlpha\EMCab_Backup\BootloaderAlpha2018.sln" "/config:Debug" "/platform:Win32"" exited with code 1.

AppAlpha2018 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Professional\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets Line 45

• VisualGDB 5.6R9(build 4777)
    • Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022 (64-bit) – Version 17.7.4

This issue began after I updated the Visual Studio, I tried to downgrade to the previous version, reinstall the VisualGDB, but nothing worked.
    Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by support. Reason: formatting
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

All we can see from this error message is that a legacy project (non-MSBuild and non-Advanced-CMake) did not build.

Normally, the errors window or the build log should contain other error messages that should explain what is going on.

geisterfahrer
    Participant

Thnk you for the answer.

The build log message displays the following message:

Run “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\make.exe CONFIG=Debug -j12” in directory “C:\Users\gg\Documents\GitAlpha\EMCab\BootloaderAlpha2018\AppAlpha2018” on local computer
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\make.exe CONFIG=Debug -j12
    make: *** No rule to make target c:\sysgcc\arm-eabi\arm-eabi\sys-include\stdlib.h', needed byDebug/ad_converter.o’. Stop.
    ————————————————————-
    Command exited with code 2
    Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\make.exe
    Arguments: CONFIG=Debug -j12
    Directory: C:\Users\gg\Documents\GitAlpha\EMCab\BootloaderAlpha2018\AppAlpha2018
    Command-line action failed

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please let us know the email address associated with your license key so that we could check your support status.

geisterfahrer
    Participant

Apparently, the issue was solved.

The following solution proved to be effective in this error:
    In Solution Explorer right click on the project -> Visual GDB Project Explorer ->Embedded Project -> Regenerate MCU Files -> Apply & Ok

However, the relation between this solution and the given error is still not clear. Finding the solution to this error was like trial and error.

support
    Keymaster

This means that at some point some settings in the project were changed to hardcode the toolchain paths, and regenerating the MCU files reset those settings. Without knowing what exact settings were changed, it is not viable to suggest anything meaningful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.