Build with existing build file

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Build with existing build file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    charlie25466
    Participant

I am trying to build a library for Raspbian OS on various PIs (4,pico,2W).  The lib is wiring pi.  The source is available for download on github as zip file, but there are no precompiled versions as it is no longer in any kind of support.  The source has an existing build file.  I want to build it on Windows using Visual Studio and deploy to remote computers.

Visual GDB wants to build a cmake  build file.  I want to import an existing one from the github source.  I set up everything else to cross compile a library and deploy it.  BUT I cannot use the existing .build file from the repository.

I can successfully build and deploy simple applications with VS (windows) and deploy, run and debug on Pi.  But not a lib with many files.

Is this possible?

I am experienced Windows developer but no Linux experience

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can configure VisualGDB to reuse the existing build scripts, however you should be first able to build the same project using the same build file via command line on the same machine you are intending to use with VisualGDB.

If you can get it working, please share the command line that worked for you, and we will help you configure VisualGDB to use it as well.

If you are not familiar with the Linux build systems and would like us to explain to you how they work, we can gladly do it at our consulting rate, however it is not included in our product support.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.