Build errors when including STM32 USB Device Library

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Build errors when including STM32 USB Device Library

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    savvn001
    Participant

Hi,

I have a visualgdb project for an STM32H743VI that I want to add USB functionality to. I’ve added the STM32 USB device library from VisualGDB Project Properties > Embedded Frameworks. I can see it’s attempted to add some driver files, but seems to not include all of them needed firstly. Secondly, if I manually add the rest of the required files from a generated cubeMX project (usb_device.c/h, usbd_cdc_if.c/h, usbd_conf.c/h and usbd_desc.c/h), I get build errors (unknown type name 'PCD_HandleTypeDef';) which seem like a circular include issue.

Has this been tested? Can’t find much on it other than 1 example which shows just simply ticking the box in Embedded Frameworks is enough to get it building.

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely, you have picked an incompatible combination of the STM32 BSP, USB library and project-specific files. If you would like to manually combine components from different sources, please make sure you understand the STM32 project structure per our documentation.

Alternatively, please consider cloning one of the USB-specific STM32Cube samples via VisualGDB Project Wizard. They are automatically tested before release and should build without any errors.

You can also try using the new STM32CubeMX project wizard added in VisualGDB 5.5 RC1. It provides the best out-of-the-box integration with STM32CubeMX and automatically avoids conflicts between different components.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.