Build errors after STM32Cube project imported

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Build errors after STM32Cube project imported

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    OlegUA
    Participant

Hi All

I’m a newbie in the VisualGDB, Just downloaded the trial version and playing with it. So, I’ve imported one of my old test projects from STM32CubeIDE. And I can’t build this project as-is. A lot of errors like below are getting every time (I did fade personal info by ***):

***\AppData\Local\Temp\ccsdGzly.s: Assembler messages:

***\AppData\Local\Temp\ccsdGzly.s:2649: Error: selected processor does not support `cpsid i’ in Thumb mode

All software packages have the latest versions. I’m using the GCC toolchain.

Thanks in advance!

OlegUA
    Participant

And second one what I’ve found:

c:/sysgcc/arm-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/sysgcc/arm-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+fp/hard\libc_nano.a(lib_a-reent.o):(.bss.errno+0x0): multiple definition of `errno’; Debug/sys_arch.o:C:\Users\***\source\repos\VGDBtest1/../../../STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.8.0/LCDtest/Middlewares/Third_Party/LwIP/system/OS/sys_arch.c:45: first defined here

OlegUA
    Participant

And how to change the C library type in an imported project? It is insensitive and can’t be changed. See attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Please note that VisualGDB is a productivity tool for software developers. It can make developers more productive by providing convenient GUI for common time-consuming tasks, and integrating various external tools into Visual Studio, so that they are always a few mouse clicks away.

We are able to offer VisualGDB at affordable price, because we focus on developing and supporting functionality that works the same way for multiple users, hence the development and testing effort is reused between multiple license holders.

We also receive a huge amount of inquiries asking to fix a specific broken project, help make the correct design choice, explain how a specific C++ feature works, or assist porting a library to a different platform. These inquiries require considerable effort to research and communicate the best solution. They do not scale between multiple users. I.e. helping one user solve this type of problem will not automatically help other users. It also does not help the same user avoid the same type of problem in the future. Hence, we are not able to address them within our regular support. If we included this type of help in our support, we would simply not have sufficient resources to provide it at the current license prices, or to allocate any resources to VisualGDB development.

We are happy to offer project-specific help via our consulting service per Zoom, TeamViewer or any other screen sharing service of your choice. We charge a fixed hourly rate for these sessions (billed in 1/2-hour increments), and are happy to solve any problems our users encounter. The rate includes a detailed follow-up email at the end of the session, that includes an overview of the used techniques and a summary of solved problems and future recommendations. Please contact our sales if you need more information about it.

Alternatively, please consider browsing our documentation and tutorials. Our documentation lists most VisualGDB settings, and the tutorials show how to use VisualGDB for in many real-world scenarios. Our technical support is limited to issues in VisualGDB itself, that can be reproduced from scratch per our problem reporting guidelines (i.e. do not depend on external projects that can potentially contain errors).

If you believe parts of VisualGDB are not working correctly (e.g. C library cannot be changed), please provide complete and detailed steps to reproduce the issue as described below:

1. The steps should begin with launching Visual Studio. They should include every step necessary to create the project from scratch and reproduce the issue.
    2. Please make sure the steps do not involve any 3rd-party code as we will not be able to review it. If the problem only happens with a specific project, please make sure you can reproduce it on a clean project created from scratch.
    3. The steps should include uncropped screenshots of all wizard pages, VisualGDB Project Properties pages and any other GUI involved in reproducing the problem. This is critical for us to be able to reproduce the problem on our side.

You can read more about the best way to report VisualGDB issues in our problem reporting guidelines, If you do not wish to document the repro steps and save the screenshots, please consider recording a screen video instead and sending us a link to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.