Bug? Cannot import SVD file on 5.5.2.3410

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Bug? Cannot import SVD file on 5.5.2.3410

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    curtis.hendrix
    Participant

I think I found a bug in VisualGDB version 5.5.2.3410.  I cannot import hardware registers from a .SVD file (attached).

I ran my firmware and stopped at a break point, then opened the Hardware Registers window.  I clicked on “Import registers from an SVD file or a VisualGDB register definition file” link and opened PAC55XX.svd, and got the following exception:

VisualGDB version: 5.5.2.3410
    ------------------ System.InvalidOperationException ------------------
    System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at q11.a(XmlElement c, List<code>1 e, String d, UInt32 b, Nullable</code>1 a)
    at q11.g(String b, String a)
    at o81.j1(Boolean a)
    trace=[System.ThrowHelperThrowInvalidOperationException:16, q11a:87, q11g:295, o81j1:187]

Edit: Apparently the file is too big.  I removed some peripherals from it and re-uploaded.

curtis.hendrix
    Participant

…And apparently .svd files are not allowed.  Okay, let’s try attaching it as a text file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The error you mentioned happens because the imported SVD file does not define sizes for some registers. We have updated VisualGDB to assume 32-bit registers when the size is not specified: VisualGDB-5.5.2.3446.msi

That said, the file you attached to the second message appears broken (it triggered an error about mismatching <peripherals> tag), so it will not get imported despite the fix.

curtis.hendrix
    Participant

I cut off the end of the file because it was too large.   Try this one.  I removed a few register definitions to get the file under the size limit, but it still exhibits the same problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

No problem, please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.2.3447.msi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.