BSP per solution

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB BSP per solution

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dennis.van.d
    Participant

Hi I recently started using visualGDB, and started importing existing projects.
    Currently we use BSP files per project/solution so that it will be build with the same BSP files. (even years later)
    Is there a way to specify the shared files location per solution?

I know I can modify the  makefile, but this will get overwritten if I change stuff through the visualGDB GUI.
    So would be nice if you can define the shared files location relative to the project or set the $(BSP_ROOT) per solution.

Regards,

Dennis

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, VisualGDB allows relocating the BSP to an arbitrary location under your source control (see this tutorial).

Once the BSP is relocated, VisualGDB will remember its location on that machine and will automatically configure BSP_ROOT for all related projects to point to it.

Dennis.van.d
    Participant

I don’t want the configure the BSP_ROOT root per machine, but per solution.
    We have projects using the same micro but targeted against different BSP files (versions).

It seems I’m unable to make the BSP_ROOT relative to the project or to leave it Empty using visualGDB GUI.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification. You can easily configure VisualGDB to maintain multiple simultaneous versions of the BSP via a checkbox under Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages->BSPs. After the multi-version mode is enabled, you can relocate each BSP version to a specific location in your source tree. Would that work for you?

Dennis.van.d
    Participant

kinda, still have to add an absolute path and still not per solution.
    We use git sub-modules so that the correct BSP files are copied into the project when it’s get cloned.

As stated before we use different BSP versions and even different branches of the same version due to modified vector tables and other tweaks.
    That’s why I was wondering if I could have a relative path or leave the BSP blank.

support
    Keymaster

Just wanted to let you know that we have improved the BSP referencing logic in the following VisualGDB build: VisualGDB-5.5.2.3404.msi.

You can now use the VisualGDB Project Properties -> Embedded Project -> Shared Files -> Change button to switch between 2 modes of referencing a BSP:

1. Using a global path shared between all projects
    2. Explicitly specifying the relative path to the BSP

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further suggestions/feedback.

Dennis.van.d
    Participant

Thank you very much, this is indeed the future I was looking for.

Dennis.van.d
    Participant

Hi

I have seem to run into an issue with this latest feature. If believe it’s related to solutions that contain stand-alone projects.
    If I open a solution containing a stand-alone project, visualGDB shows me a window that it’s unable to locate the BSP files.
    Trying to resolve this results in a system exception. (see screenshot)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry about that. We have just caught this with our pre-release tests as well. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.2.3410.msi

Dennis.van.d
    Participant

Thanks, latest build seems to resolve the issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.