BSOD when copying file > 2GB

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu BSOD when copying file > 2GB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I believe I found a bug in WinCDEmu 3.1. I mounted an ISO of Windows 7 and I attempted to copy all the files from the virtual CD to the local hard drive. This caused a blue screen of death. I repeated the test several times, the problem is reproducible and always occurs when copying the file install.wim. The file install.wim is 2,860,840,523 bytes in size. Since this is greater than a signed 32-bit int that is my guess as to the cause of this crash.

I am a computer programmer and since the source code is available I’m planning on having a look. However, I don’t have free time right now and it might be several weeks before I get the chance. So in the meantime I wanted to report the problem.

I’m running WinCDEmu on Windows XP Professional SP3 64-bit edition.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

danielkza
    Participant

I was not able to reproduce the issue in Windows 7 x64 RTM: I copied the exact same file to my hard drive successfully. I can test it in Vista SP2 x86 later if it would help.

BTW, WinCDEmu rocks, I can finally ditch Daemon Tools xD.

Anonymous
    Participant

@danielkza wrote:

I was not able to reproduce the issue in Windows 7 x64 RTM: I copied the exact same file to my hard drive successfully. I can test it in Vista SP2 x86 later if it would help.

danielkza, thanks for trying this. I retested this multiple times on 4 different clean systems, here’s what I found:

WinXP Pro x86 – works
    WinXP Pro x64 – fails
    Win7 Pro x86 – works
    Win7 Pro x64 – works

Figures the OS/architecture I’m running is the one with the problem. 😕

I tried to debug this problem, however despite multiple tries I cannot seem to compile the driver. I have several crash-dump files but they are not very useful without symbol files. Is there a way to get symbol files for 3.1 x64 Release binaries? If someone else would like to analyze the crash dump files shoot me an email. Or, if you have the PDB files for 3.1 x64 either Debug or Release please email me. My email is brian_friesen[_at_]yahoo[_dot_]com

support
    Keymaster

I think I know where the problems is. Fixed in version 3.3

Anonymous
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

I think I know where the problems is. Fixed in version 3.3

Version 3.3 fixes the problem. It no longer crashes when copying a 2GB+ file on XP x64. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.