Broken after update!

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Broken after update!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    R2COM
    Participant

I updated to VS2019.

i tried to rebuild existing project and get this:

1>arm-none-eabi-g++.exe : error : $$com.sysprogs.toolchainoptions.arm.syscallspecs$$: No such file or directory

also when i try to re-install visualgdb i get this window message “The specified account already exists”

why is that??

i need help fixing it.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by R2COM.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by R2COM.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your support period has expired. We will be happy to help you resolve this, however we would kindly ask you to renew your technical support first: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey

R2COM
    Participant

wait a second…im not talking about support of product in a way how it operates etc; this is perpetual license, if i paid money i must have working software; the reason im contacting is the software stopped operating.

i know that i cant get technical support – but my question now is because of the fact that software which was paid for is not working!

support
    Keymaster

We do not limit the software you purchased in any way and you are welcome to troubleshoot the problem using our documentation. It provides detailed explanations on many topics, including troubleshooting instructions for common problems.

However, if you would like us to provide more detailed instructions, that would qualify as product support and hence we would kindly ask you to renew it.

KeithInAsia
    Participant

R2COM — These guys must be hurting really badly for money.   I’m current with 2 licenses — and they won’t support me because my app has exceeded 1M in size.  (they consider this a rare and unique and unexpected occurrence which is not covered by a license fee).

dwestaby
    Participant

Search your project for ‘com.sysprogs.toolchainoptions.arm.syscallspecs’.  You will find it used by the linker in your .props file. Delete the reference under <AdditionalOptions>.

If you compare your .props file to the version before you did the BSP update, you’ll see the addition.  Removing that allowed me to compile.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by dwestaby.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks for pointing this out. This would fix the build, however it will remove the reference to the syscall implementations, so if the program was relying on them, it may not link anymore.

Instead, we recommend clicking the “regenerate MCU files” button on the first page of VisualGDB Project Properties. It will rebuild all the .props files based on the currently selected toolchain and will ensure that all internal variables referenced by the project (such as com.sysprogs.toolchainoptions.arm.syscallspecs) are properly defined.

We also advise updating to VisualGDB 5.5 (currently in preview). It contains extra checks for undefined internal variables and assigns the default values to them in every context, so this problem should not happen anymore.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.