breakpoints in visual studio 2008

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB breakpoints in visual studio 2008

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    erwan
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using visual GDB 5.1r5-trial (i’m registered)

I configured my project with remote compilation via ssh.

I choose to “import files to solution explorer” then “to copy the sources locally and upload modified during build”

My question is:

let’s say you add a breakpoint in http_socket.cpp.

The file on your disk is located in <your_project_path>/core/test for example.

When vc++ will stop on this line, it will show you a temporary file (<temp_dir>/<some_temp_path>/…) and not the real one.

So if you try to modify it, first it’s read-only and second, the changes won’t be uploaded to the server. I need to be careful to switch each time to the real file before doing any changes.

Is it possible to change this in the configuration and ask visual GDB to alway work on the real local files ?

Thanks.

erwan
    Participant

i’m on Windows 10

erwan
    Participant

Sorry but I found the problem.

On the linux machine the files are located in /user/erwan/my_project but this is an alias.

in reality they are located in /disk/disk_numer2/partition_number3/users/erwan/my_project and gdb is using this path.

I saw this in the log of gdb on the windows side.

To fix this, I just added a path mapping in visual gdb

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. BTW VisualGDB has a ‘breakpoint diagnostics’ button in the GDB Session window that should detect and fix problems like this automatically. If you ever run into this again, the breakpoint diagnostics can save you some time…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.