Beginner – 5.0 can't debug on STM32F072 discovery

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Beginner – 5.0 can't debug on STM32F072 discovery

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    engicoder
    Participant

I just installed the trial and added the STM32 support package as well as ST link debugging. I am following the directions here : http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/texane-stlink/ to create a basic led blink program and debug. I installed the STLink drivers.  I am using the STM32F072 Discovery board. Note: I changed the LED port to C and the pin number to 6 to match one of the LEDs on the discovery board.

It builds fine, but if I set a break point and run the debugger, it never breaks.

What am I doing wrong?

engicoder
    Participant

More clarification:

The code seems to execute properly; i.e. LED does blink, but if I set a breakpoint, it never breaks on that breakpoint. If I select “Break All”, it always seems to break in NVIC_SetPriority(), but stepping from there behaves as if it is connected to the wrong source (i.e. does not advance or jumps to some other point in code that has no relation to the previous point).

I tried both the Hal and StdPeriph versions of the project and while both ran properly on the device, in neither case did the debugging seem to work.

I tried uninstalling Visual GDB and re-installing and saw no difference.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try using OpenOCD as it is more stable than Texane ST-Link.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.