Attached to Linux process on remote ARM target

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Attached to Linux process on remote ARM target

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kurt
    Participant

Greetings,

https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/linux/attach/

I’m following the tutorial above to debug an issue on an ARM target.  However, I do not have the arm version of gdb to run on the target — I’ve been only given the cross-compiled version which runs on a Linux x86 host.  The “Attach Process” dialog only lets me define the path to gdb that is on the target, not on the Linux x86 VM.

I think I will have to debug in the Linux VM command line, but just wanted to check if I’m missed anything from the tutorial.

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

No problem, we can walk you through the necessary setup. Please let us know the email associated with your license key (or update your forum profile to match it) and we will be happy to share the detailed instructions.

kurt
    Participant

Just realized that my team license’s support expired on 2018.  Let me get management to renew the licenses first, and I’ll come back here again.

support
    Keymaster

No problem. Just a heads up that you may still qualify for a 50% renewal discount (that will add 1 year to the previous expiration date even if it’s in the past or in the future), Simply use this page to get an automatic renewal quote.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.