Attach to process on VS2017 with VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Attach to process on VS2017 with VisualGDB

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    salex
    Participant

Hello,

I’m running the Linux app in the Cygwin + VisualGDB environment on the VS2017.

The VS project was built from CMake project.

I’m able to build and debug the application in regular way pressing Start button on the VS.

Now, i need to run the application, and then attach to its process from the VS in order to be able to debug the application.

Then the follow is happening:

1. The application is delayed for about 4-5 seconds until it attaches to the gdb.
    2. The application is stopped, falling to some breakpoint state inside ntdll.dll.

If i push Continue, the application continues, and runs as usual, but all the state machine in the application is broken because the delay.

How can i prevent this state ?

Update:

I found that when i choose Attach to process->Connection target->Find, and select manually the “Use GDB from Cygwin”, the gdb.exe, then refresh checkbox Don’t stoop the process after attaching, i still have the attachment delay, but  the process is not stopped. When i do the attachment again, the process stops again, loosing the settings.

It looks like VisualGDB problem, because the dialog named Debugging Port Selection belongs to VisualGDB.

VisualGDB version: 5.4R2 (build 2753).

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by salex.
    support
    Keymaster

No problem, please let us know the email associated with your license key so that we could link it to your forum profile and we will walk you through diagnosing this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.