Annoying display issue

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Annoying display issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bernardofca
    Participant

I have a configuration with a laptop and an external monitor. When the external monitor is connected, if I try to open the VisualGDB Project Properties (from the laptop), the property page does not render. I need to close the invisible window from the task bar. If I disconnect the external monitor the property page opens correctly (most of the time!).

I have reported this problem before but it was not 100% reproducible. It is now easily reproducible so please let me know how to provide you with debug information. There are a few variations of this issue but the end result is always the same: the property page is not rendered and this has to do with external monitor.

Currently using:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
    Version 16.8.2

VisualGDB Custom Edition
    version 5.5R4 (build 3920)

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know. We do regularly test VisualGDB on multi-monitor configurations and have not managed to trigger the issue. Most likely, it is caused by a combination of a specific display driver and resolution settings. As the issue does not affect other users, we will not be able to allocate sufficient resources to do a full investigation at this point. However, we will keep a note of this and will double-check the multi-display functionality next time we redesign the VisualGDB Project Properties GUI.

If anyone else encounters a similar issue, please feel free to post here and we will try to re-prioritize this.

bernardofca
    Participant

Understood. By the way the integration of VisualGDB with STM32CubeMX and CMake is very impressive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.