Advanced CMake Project – RSP File Deleted on linker success

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Advanced CMake Project – RSP File Deleted on linker success

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JFerraris
    Participant

Hello!

I am not exactly sure whether this is a bug or a known feature, but the generated rsp file (linker arguments) in a CMake project gets automatically deleted on a successful build. The only way to get it to stay (that I know of) is to cause a linker error purposely which keeps it lying in the build directory, but otherwise it is deleted on successful build.I looked through almost all the preferences and VisualGDB properties that I could to see if there was any settings to turn off the deletion but I could not find anything.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could either add an option to keep this file, or to even just never remove it because I don’t see any need for it to be removed.

Appreciate your time! Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is handled directly by CMake, rather than VisualGDB. Feel free to browse through CMake source code to see if there is a way to modify this behavior.

JFerraris
    Participant

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I found this link that explained it all, ninja was the culprit here. To get ninja to not delete the rsp file I used the -d keeprsp switch in the Ninja Options in VisualGDB Properties:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/issues/20277

Thank you for the help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.