Additional Memories

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Additional Memories

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Hello Sysprogs

Would it be possible to update the “Additional Memories” so you can see for example every flash memory on-chip like uVision5 does it?

It would be much more clear where you save something instead of just choosing between Flash and any sort of RAM.

And my second problem: On my laptop I cant really read the text in the “Addiditon Memories” window because its cut in the half. Even if I add a new memory the text of it is also cut in the half.

My screen resolution: 13.5 inch 3000 x 2000 pixel (Surface Book) and a 3:2 aspect ratio.

See the attached screenshot for uVision memory window.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

uVision 5 shows every possible FLASH memory because it comes with pre-built FLASH programming plugins for those memories. VisualGDB uses a different approach – instead of providing ready plugins for all common FLASH memories (that would considerably raise the VisualGDB license price due to the overhead of maintaining them), it offers a FLASH driver plugin interface that lets you create a plugin for the device you want to use. We also offer paid service of creating FLASH plugins on demand (please contact our sales if you would like to get a quote).

We are aware of the text scaling issues. The “Additional Memories” page is one of the last property pages that was not switched to the newer WPF technology (that is 100% compatible with high-DPI displays) and hence may appear distorted. We should be able to fix it in the next major VisualGDB release.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.