Additional ARMASM arguments in Keil settings not working.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Additional ARMASM arguments in Keil settings not working.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    murrellr
    Participant

I have imported a Keil uVision project into Visual Studio using the VisualGDB import mechanism.  For an assembly language file I must add the argument “–via version.via”.  The project property pages has a Keil Settings menu item.  One of its fields is “General->Additional ARMASM arguments”.  I added the argument here but the argument does not appear on the armasm.exe command line.  The file “version.via” contains a dynamic predefined symbol that is generated in a pre-build step.  How do I add this argument to the command line.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 Version 17.4.5

VisualGDB version 5.6R9 (build 4777)

murrellr
    Participant

One more piece of information: My toolchain is “Keil ARMClang (Stand-alone) in C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCLANG” Version 6.13.1.  If I select “Keil ARMCC in C:\Keil_v5\ARMCC” Version 5.x, the assembly language file compiles with the “–via version.via”, but the rest of the project fails (I need to use the armclang compiler).

support
    Keymaster

Thanks, this indeed looks like a bug in the logic that prevents the incompatible armclang options from being passed to armasm. We have fixed it in the following build: VisualGDB-5.6.109.4816.msi.

You can also apply the patch on your side without reinstalling VisualGDB by locating the following statement in the %VISUALGDB_DIR%\MSBuild\Targets\gcc.targets file:

<ItemGroup Condition="'$(GNUToolchainSubtype)' == 'armclang'">
    	<ClCompile Condition="'%(ClCompile.IsAssemblyFile)' == 'true'">
    		<AdditionalOptions/>
    	</ClCompile>
    </ItemGroup>

Then, you would need to change the <AdditionalOptions/> line to this:

<AdditionalOptions>$(ARMASMArguments)</AdditionalOptions>

murrellr
    Participant

The installer works well.  Thank you for your prompt response.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.