add support for auto update project file

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB add support for auto update project file

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

In team work, if someone add new source file but not use visualgdb, after update with upstream, those new file will be found by visualgdb and push to remote linux but vs project not updated automatically.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is by design, as VisualGDB cannot distinguish between source files added by someone else and generated files or temporary files.
    Note that this should not stop VisualGDB from building and debugging the project correctly if the Makefile was updated by the person adding a new source file.

Anonymous
    Participant

So if it can be updated by Makefile?

support
    Keymaster

There are many ways in which the source files can be listed in a Makefile and no possible way to support all of them.
    Are you using VisualGDB-generated makefiles or your own makefile layout?

Anonymous
    Participant

i used my own makefile. maybe should add a refresh function, so a dialog will let user select the added files?

Anonymous
    Participant

another BUG is:

when a added a new config named test and clone from debug, if i modify test, and debug will be modifed, they should NOT share the same settings file.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please use the VisualGDB Project Properties window to make a new configuration. It copies the file correctly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.