Access is Denied – vgagent

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Access is Denied – vgagent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DanHatcher
    Participant

Hi,

I am having some trouble with vgagent.exe. When debugging a project I was seeing an error saying “Cannot find vgagent.exe. VisualGDB won’t be able to send CTRL-C events to the GDBSERVER application”.  This results in being able to debug the project however I cannot add breakpoints after debugging has started. The file was removed by my antivirus mistakenly which is now resolved.

After VisualGDB was reinstalled and the agent is now present but I am encountering another issue. When starting to debug I get a ‘Access is denied issue’. I have attached screenshots to this post. This stop debugging all together and the project will not run – worst than having the agent missing.

I have then temporarily moved the agent to a different file. The denied access problem is now resolved however because the agent is missing debugging does not operate fully. Reinstating the agent then reintroduces the denied access issue.

Any help would be very much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Dan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your antivirus is interfering with vgagent. Please see this page for more details.

DanHatcher
    Participant

Hi,

I have checked and all of the components mentioned in the list are present. Is there anything else that I can check?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Based on the screenshot, something on your computer is blocking access to vgagent.exe. The file is present, but trying to run it triggers an exception. This is very likely caused by your antivirus software and is not something under VisualGDB’s control. In order to support sending Ctrl-C/Ctrl-Break events to GDB, VisualGDB needs to be able to run this file.

DanHatcher
    Participant

I have disabled all anti virus and disabled windows firewall so there is nothing blocking the application…however I am still encountering the ‘Access is denied’ problem.

It is the same as before that when removing vgagent the project will debug but without breakpoints. With the agent in the correct file I get an ‘Access if Denied’ error. So the main issue is access is denied.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try running vgagent.exe manually (e.g. vgagent.exe cmd.exe should start cmd.exe). If it’s not starting, something on your computer is preventing it from starting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.