Ability to customize memory bank addr/length in VisualGDB project settings

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Ability to customize memory bank addr/length in VisualGDB project settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    borbmizzet
    Participant

I’m using a bootloader (flashed with Keil) in the first C000 bytes of my Flash on my stm32f429 chip, and thus my linker file for my VisualGDB project needs to read:

FLASH (RX)   : ORIGIN = 0x0800C000, LENGTH = 976K

But whenever  I do anything that regenerates the linker file, those settings get overwritten with the default

FLASH (RX)   : ORIGIN = 0x08000000, LENGTH = 1M

Can you add an option in the VisualGDB settings for embedded projects to customize the Origin and Length of standard memory sectors in the generated custom linker file?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can already customize that via the External Memories page (requires custom edition).

Please refer to this tutorial for details: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/memories/

borbmizzet
    Participant

I mean changing the standard internal flash memory length and address that is in the linker file by default, not adding extra memory.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, this looks like something too specific and very error-prone, so we won’t add any special GUI for that. You can easily do it though by clicking “copy linker script” on the Makefile Settings (or MSBuild Settings) page of VisualGDB Project Properties and editing the copied file via Visual Studio.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.