Ability to add VisualGDB Embedded Frameworks "Headers Only"

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Ability to add VisualGDB Embedded Frameworks "Headers Only"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    borbmizzet
    Participant

I’m using a multi-project solution for ARM development, with two static libraries and one executable that links to them.  One static library is the HAL Drivers, the other is our Company’s internal library that references it.  The executable references both.  I am forced to keep them all as stand alone projects instead of using visualGDB’s project management for the HAL drivers and other Embedded frameworks, as VisualGDB does not include to option to add the only the frameworks’ header files, and compiling the stm32f4xx hal C Source files in both the static libraries and executable result in a linker error for multiple definitions of the same symbol.  I would very much like it if you could add the option to only include the headers of each framework the developer chooses to include.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally you don’t need to include the header files to the project. As long as you have the correct include directories in your project properties, both VisualGDB IntelliSense and the GCC compiler will locate the headers properly. The only reason why they are added normally is that you can easily locate them via Solution Explorer, but as long as you have them in another library, this should not be a problem.

Also if you are using the new MSBuild subsystem, you can add the HAL include directories to the ‘exported settings’ page of your library project and then they will be automatically added to every project that references that library.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.