3rd Party Toolchain Test Fail

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB 3rd Party Toolchain Test Fail

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leslie
    Participant

HI

As I need to use a 3rd party toolchain instead of the one visualgdb official supported.

However it fail to extract gcc specs when testing it during set up

it returns: “Tool arguments: -x c++ -dM -v -E –  -ggdb -ffunction-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -DK60F15 -Dkinetis_flash_layout -IC:\Users\LEECHU~1\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.freescale.kinetis/K60F15”

the toolchain i use is the newest version of GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded

it should be supported as it can be detected during the setup, but dont know why it fail on testing and extract gcc spec.

Hope anyone can help me

im just new to visualgdb

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If VisualGDB does not show any extra error output, most likely the gcc executable simply fails to start. This could be if the toolchain is corrupt or your antivirus is blocking it. Please try running the “arm-none-eabi.gcc.exe -v” from the toolchain manually. Does it successfully output the version? If yes, what happens if you ignore the toolchain testing error and proceed with creating and building the project?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.