17 tracks limit

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu 17 tracks limit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tito76
    Participant

Hi there =)

Found a bug that can’t permit to mount cues multifile-images (iso+mp3 and so) within more than 17 tracks (error message is the same of my last post: 0x8007013D).

U can test any iso with this ready set attached that contains 17 small recreated silent mp3s…
    As u can see, deleting last 17th track entry in the “cue” file, that will be mounted without probs.
    Also wav files have the some effect.

PS: a note about some previous users issues: please remind that Seven is the first cause of your problems. Seven is total rubbish, just a market move that slow down your PC and give probs only for incentive buys new hardware upgrade and new compatible soft. XP is the only real official OS (the imminent end of support by Microsoft can’t be true, it’s only a trick to push people to use new OSs), and after XP will come the ReactOS era (check it out).

support
    Keymaster

OK, will check the file. However, note that WinCDEmu wil only mount the ISO tracks of such images. Making a kernel-mode mp3 decoder would be a very complicated (and useless) way to achieve the same result, as if you open the mp3 files in your favourite player ๐Ÿ˜‰
    As for Windows 7, some people like it, some don’t, but the goal of WinCDEmu is to make image mounting really easy. So, as long as a particular OS version is popular, WinCDEmu supports it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi

I just want to join the discussion as I’ve made some checks with the issue yesterday.
    This is not necessary a 17 tracks limit, as I have managed to mount disc image with up to 24 tracks.
    Basically I believe there is some time limit for the cue files (or some other reasons), I just remember that the number of tracks was not stable.

The image I wanted to load was cue+bin of Heroes of Might and Magic II: Price of Loyality, which has something around 60 tracks in it. The image was made using ISOBurn. What I have noticed is that I had to either mount the bin directly or limit the number of tracks in cue.

BTW, is WinCDEmu going to support audio tracks in bin images?

support
    Keymaster

Yes, but definitely not external WAV/MP3 files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.