Run stm32 target on debugger stop (i.e. Flash and run)

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Run stm32 target on debugger stop (i.e. Flash and run)

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boazmetry
    Participant

How do you make the STM32L496 run post debug – i.e. where the stop button is pressed.

The only solution I found is setting the STM32 user byte ‘reset after shutdown’.

Is this the solution or is there another solution?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your technical support period has expired. We would be happy to help you, however we would kindly ask you to renew your technical support on the following page first: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey

rakesa3590
    Participant

hi ,

I am testing some code on a custom board containing stm32H7 , using visualgdb and segger J-link EDU . using STlink V2 everything works normally. however using J-link debugging works OK , but when I program release version it programs correctly but program doesnot start (I have selected the option reset after programming). even if debugger is removed from board . the only solution is to connect reset to gnd

info: i am using SWD interface , Reset is connected and verified it is being pulled low briefly during flashing. Also on the custom board the boot 0 is connected to GND using pull down resistor .

In debug settings/ adavanced settings / startup GDB command :

target remote:$$SYS:GDB_PORT$$

mon reset

load

mon reset

What i should add after mon reset to make the target start execution (run) ???

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your technical support period has expired. We would be happy to help you, however we would kindly ask you to renew your technical support on the following page first: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.