Problem on new ESP32 toolchain

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem on new ESP32 toolchain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I installed ESP32 toolchain 13.2.0/14.2/r2, OpenOCD 20240820-0.12.0, cmake 3.28.1, Python 3.11.5

I try to create a new Visual GDB Project project starting from hello_world and at the fourth step “Debug Method” I obtein this without to have the possibility to select ESP32 DevKit

System.Exception: Per il componente ‘ESP8266DebugPackage.GUI.ESPxxOpenOCDSettingsControl’ non è disponibile una risorsa identificata dall’URI ‘/ESPxxDebugPackage;V2.0.5454.0;component/gui/espxxopenocdsettingscontrol.xaml’.
    in System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
    in ESP8266DebugPackage.GUI.ESPxxOpenOCDSettingsControl.InitializeComponent()
    in ESP8266DebugPackage.GUI.ESPxxOpenOCDSettingsControl..ctor(LoadedDebugMethod method, IBSPConfiguratorHost host, ESPxxDebugController controller, Boolean isESP32)
    in ESP8266DebugPackage.ESPxxDebugController.CreateConfigurator(LoadedDebugMethod method, IBSPConfiguratorHost host)
    in VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.DebugMethodSettingsControl.Controller.BoundDebugMethod.ProvideConfiguratorOrThrow(IBSPConfiguratorHost host)
    in VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.DebugMethodSettingsControl.Controller.UpdateSelectedConfigurator(Boolean suppressPropertyChangeHandlers, MethodOrDeviceItemBase value, MethodOrDeviceItemBase prevValue)

What I did wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Now I succeded on it but when I create the project I have this error:

— Could not use ‘git describe’ to determine PROJECT_VER.
    — Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32
    — Checking Python dependencies…
    The following Python requirements are not satisfied:
    Requirement ‘idf-component-manager~=1.2’ was not met. Installed version: 2.0.2
    To install the missing packages, please run “install.bat”
    Diagnostic information:
    IDF_PYTHON_ENV_PATH: C:\Espressif\python_env\\idf5.2_py3.8_env
    Python interpreter used: C:\Espressif\python_env\idf5.2_py3.8_env\Scripts\python.exe
    Warning: python interpreter not running from IDF_PYTHON_ENV_PATH
    PATH: C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Espressif\python_env\\idf5.2_py3.8_env\Scripts;C:\Users\bope02\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\Python-3.8.10;C:\SysGCC_R1\tools\xtensa-esp-elf\esp-13.2.0_20230928\xtensa-esp-elf\bin;C:\SysGCC_R1\tools\xtensa-esp-elf\esp-13.2.0_20230928\xtensa-esp-elf\bin;C:\SysGCC_R1\tools\esp32ulp-elf\2.35_20220830\esp32ulp-elf\bin;C:\SysGCC_R1\tools\riscv32-esp-elf\esp-13.2.0_20230928\riscv32-esp-elf\bin;C:\SysGCC_R1\tools\idf-exe\1.0.3;C:\SysGCC_R1\tools\ccache\4.8\ccache-4.8-windows-x86_64;C:\SysGCC_R1\tools\ninja\1.11.1;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\170\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Users\bope02\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;
    Constraint file: C:\Users\bope02\.espressif\espidf.constraints.v5.2.txt
    Requirement files:
    – C:\SysGCC_R1\esp-idf\v5.2\tools\requirements\requirements.core.txt
    Python being checked: C:\Espressif\python_env\\idf5.2_py3.8_env\Scripts\python.exe
    — Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    CMake Error at C:/SysGCC_R1/esp-idf/v5.2/tools/cmake/build.cmake:368 (message):
    Failed to run Python dependency check. Python: python, Error: -1

I reinstalled Python 3.11.5 from Manage VisualGDB Packages (see attached) but without resolving problems…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I tryed to use the Resetting Python Environment  as explained here: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/python/ without solving:

From the message that I reported in my previous comment I see:

IDF_PYTHON_ENV_PATH: C:\Espressif\python_env\\idf5.2_py3.8_env

How can correct this path if I have canceled path from Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->Python Directory ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The first error looks like a corrupt package or too old VisualGDB version. Installing the latest VisualGDB 6.0 should solve the problem.

The second one looks like the Python environment is corrupt or incompatible with the ESP-IDF version you are using. Please try completely resetting the toolchain as shown here.

Normally, as long as you clear the Python path, VisualGDB will automatically start using the one from %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\Python-<Version>. However, if you had previously installed some extra packages into it, it could break compatibility with ESP-IDF. Please make sure you delete the Python directory when you reset the Python environment, and let VisualGDB re-download a clean one from scratch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.