FreeRTOS on Pico 2350

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB FreeRTOS on Pico 2350

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    buga
    Participant

Hello,

Until official support is avaliable, I’d like to share my sample project on how to use FreeRTOS and Visual GDB with the RP2350.
    I hope it might be useful for someone; you can find the repository here.
    I may not have chosen the best debugging method, as I replaced VisualGDB’s openocd.exe to debug the RP2350. It might have been possible to use the full-custom mode, but unfortunately, I’m not very experienced with command-line setups. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how it could be done using the custom mode.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this. We finally received our RP2350 board, tested it out and released an updated OpenOCD package that supports RP2350 out-of-the-box. Feel free to update via VisualGDB Package Manager.

Due to reasons unknown, the Raspberry Pi developers combined the RP2350 support with an unknown subset of other commits from the OpenOCD repository into a single large commit, so it is not easy to fully port it into the mainstream OpenOCD. So, our package currently includes a separate OpenOCD executable for RP2350 based on the Raspberry Pi fork (openocd-rp2350.exe). VisualGDB will handle it transparently, as long as you select one of the rp2350_xxxx.cfg scripts.

As for VisualGDB 6.0R3, you need to select the Pico 2 device manually (the auto-detection logic cannot distinguish Pico 2 from Pico 1 yet), but an upcoming update to VisualGDB will resolve it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.