Can’t launch Menuconfig

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Can’t launch Menuconfig

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mattia
    Participant

Hello,

on my PC I can’t run Solution Explorer->launch ESP-IDF Menuconfig. If I try to run directly in my build/VisualGDB/Debug directory the command “c:\sysgcc\esp32v5.1\tools\ninja\1.10.2\ninja.exe menuconfig”, I get this error:

c:\sysgcc\esp32v5.1\tools\ninja\1.10.2\ninja.exe menuconfig
    [0/1] Re-running CMake…
    CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (include):
    include could not find requested file:

/tools/cmake/project.cmake

CMake Error at C:/SysGCC/esp32v5.1/esp-idf/v5.1/tools/cmake/toolchain-esp32s3.cmake:1 (include):
    include could not find requested file:

/tools/cmake/utilities.cmake
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    build/VisualGDB/Debug/CMakeFiles/3.28.1-gc5d9601-dirty/CMakeSystem.cmake:6 (include)
    CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

CMake Error at C:/SysGCC/esp32v5.1/esp-idf/v5.1/tools/cmake/toolchain-esp32s3.cmake:10 (remove_duplicated_flags):
    Unknown CMake command “remove_duplicated_flags”.
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    build/VisualGDB/Debug/CMakeFiles/3.28.1-gc5d9601-dirty/CMakeSystem.cmake:6 (include)
    CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

— Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    FAILED: build.ninja
    “C:\Users\Mattia Berton\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\CMake\bin\cmake.exe” –regenerate-during-build -SC:\Ufficio_tecnico\Progetti_in_corso\EMT130\FW -BC:\Ufficio_tecnico\Progetti_in_corso\EMT130\FW\build\VisualGDB\Debug
    ninja: error: rebuilding ‘build.ninja’: subcommand failed

Any idea of what could it be?

Thanks,

Mattia Berton

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like something is broken in the environment or CMake files. The supported way to troubleshoot such issues would be to:

1. Reproduce the issue in VisualGDB and export the ESP-IDF command line it uses to a batch file (see this page).
    2. Run the batch file separately and ensure the problem persists.
    3. Refer to the ESP-IDF documentation to solve the problem outside VisualGDB (e.g. add missing environment variables, or fix broken files).

If it turns out that a particular change to the batch file (e.g. adding an environment variable) fixes the problem, let us know more details and we will help you configure VisualGDB to adjust its command line, matching the fixed batch file.

mattia
    Participant

Good! Using dumping, I see a python package was missing. Thanks!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.