Solution-wide per-user variables?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Solution-wide per-user variables?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rockchalk
    Participant

I’m trying to set up the build and debug environment for an existing project that currently is Windows only, and has a couple dozen projects in the solution.  We will be extending support to both Linux and MacOS.  VisualGDB seems like a good option, given that we can have a single set of tools for the dev team to use for developing on all three platforms.  Most developers will have dedicated systems for each of the three operating systems.  I have seen how I can set up per-user variables in each project to customize things like target machine, username, source and target file locations, etc.  However, I don’t want everyone to have to enter the same information a couple dozen times (once for each project).  I do not currently see a way of setting per-solution variables for each user.  Am I missing the setting, or does it not exist?

Thanks,

Mike

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB currently does not support solution-wide variables. However, you can use 2 mechanisms to define things globally:

1. Use SSH host aliases (see the SSH Host Manager window) to avoid hardcoding machine names in your projects.
    2. Reference environment variables using the same syntax as the per-project variables: $(VarName).

If this is insufficient, please let us know your scenario so that we could suggest a better solution.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.