Build error clarification

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Build error clarification

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    commix
    Participant

I followed the basic tutorial on Developing and Debugging Linux Applications using Visual Studio, in step 10 I encounter this build failure. Can someone suggest what I’m doing incorrect? Thanks.

1>—— Rebuild All started: Project: LinuxProject1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ——
    1> VisualGDB: Directory /tmp/VisualGDB/e/Linux/LinuxProject1/LinuxProject1 does not exist. Skipping clean actions.
    1> VisualGDB: Sending 6 updated source files to build machine…
    1> VisualGDB: Run “make CONFIG=Debug” in directory “/tmp/VisualGDB/e/Linux/LinuxProject1/LinuxProject1” on adam@commix-linux (SSH)
    1> make: *** No rule to make target Debug/LinuxProject1.o', needed byDebug/LinuxProject1′. Stop.
    1> ————————————————————-
    1> Command exited with code 2
    1> Executable: make
    1> Arguments: CONFIG=Debug
    1> Directory: /tmp/VisualGDB/e/Linux/LinuxProject1/LinuxProject1
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    1>EXEC : error : Build has failed. See the Output window for more details.
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(43,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe” /rebuild “E:\Linux\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1.vcxproj” “/solution:E:\Linux\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.
    ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

support
    Keymaster

Looks like the LinuxProject1.cpp file did not get transferred to the remote machine and hence GNU Make cannot find it. Please double-check your file transfer settings and ensure this file exists on the Windows side.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.