VisualGDB 5.0 Beta1 Bugs

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB 5.0 Beta1 Bugs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    apettel
    Participant

Intellisense:

*.cpp files are treated as C++03 files, not as C++11 or C++14 files as they should.

*.h files are treated as C-files and not as C++ files.

Editor:

The shortcut CTRL-K CTRL-O to switch between .h and corresponding .cpp file doesn’t work anymore.

apettel
    Participant

I use Visual Studio 2013.

support
    Keymaster

Normally C++ files should be handled as c++14 unless you have explicitly specified a different standard in your Makefile settings. Could you please double-check your CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS? You can see the effective IntelliSense flags via View->Clang IntelliSense Status->Project Status. Does the CXXFLAGS field specify -std=c++1y?

The handling of .h files depends on your project type. When you open a .h file, VisualGDB first checks if any of the source files includes it. If yes, it opens the .h file in the context of that source file. If no sources include the header file, it simply counts the C and C++ sources in the project. If there are 50% or more C++ sources, new .h files are treated as C++ includes. Can you please check how many C and C++ sources are in your project?

The command for switching between source and header files will be fixed in the final 5.0 release.

apettel
    Participant

Thank you for the fast response !

I use “-std=gnu++14”. When i change to “-std=c++14” Clang itellisense works correctly (including the .h header files).

There is another  old bug in “VisualGDB Project Properties”->”Embedded Project”. I have a standalone project and would like to use VisualGDB build variables (e.g. “$(ProjectDir)”) in the “include directories” and in the “linker script” settings. This doesn’t work.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The clang version we use has the c++1y, not c++14 syntax. We will add an alias to the final release, though.

The Include directories and Linker script are managed by GNU Make and do not have access to VisualGDB variables. You can simply use relative paths to specify something relatively to the project directory or create a per-user variable (Custom edition and higher) and select to propagate it to GNU Make.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.