Ui and intellisense

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Ui and intellisense

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    philmacu
    Participant

Hi, I am using VisualGDB to remote compile on an A20 linux embedded board. All is working well, I am using Qt on the remote device. I have managed to add all the #include libraries on the A20 so that intellisense is happy. That is with the exception of ui(new Ui::MainWindow) I can’t seem to get rid of this one! I get an intellisense error on the ui part. I know it will compile fine but I would like to get rid of the ‘error’ any suggestions on what I must add to the intellisense path?

Thanks,

Phil

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely you are missing the UI header file that is generated from the UI definition files on the remote machien as a part of the build. Please locate it on the remote machine and either copy it manually to the Windows machine, or setup a post-build action that will automatically download it after each build.

philmacu
    Participant

Thanks for that I will try it out later today

philmacu
    Participant

Yep that sorted it, I had been looking in the /usr/include thinking it was one of the Qt files that I needed to point to, never realised that it was the ui_MainWindow.h file tht was in my own debug folder! Adding that did the trick.

Many thanks,

Phil

on4bhm
    Participant

Hi, i have the same problem… solved for once by copying the file.

But whenever i change something to the ui, i have to copy the file again… 🙁

can i solve it by making a post-build action?

how can i do this?

shouldn’t that be a pre-build action?

whenever i save my ui, the file should be copied, no?

philmacu
    Participant

Yep same for me, if I change the ui, for example if I add a button, it shows up as an intellisence error. It compiles fine but is a bummer because intellisense thinks it’s an error it won’t show we the methods associated with the object… not the end if the world but it is annoying

on4bhm
    Participant

Indeed very annoying.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to make a post-build action because the header file will be updated during build. Simply use the Custom Actions page in the VisualGDB Project Properties dialog to setup a custom action. Note that you will need VisualGDB Custom Edition and higher.

You can also configure VisualGDB to use a cross-compilation toolchain (i.e. build the code on the Windows machine) to avoid this problem completely.

on4bhm
    Participant

Can you explain how i can walk the road of cross-compile toolchain?

support
    Keymaster

Sure, have a look at this tutorial: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/qt-cross/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.