QT4 Tutorial Problem

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB QT4 Tutorial Problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    heedaf
    Participant

I get the following error on step 7 of the Beaglebone Black QT4 tutorial when I click “finish”

VisualGDB has detected that the following packages are missing:  QT4  Install them automatically?

If I click yes I get Toolchain test failed:  Cannot detect your Linux package manager.  Tried executing which apt-get and which yum with no success.  Please double-check your settings.  If you ignore this error, your project may not build.

If I select ignore the next warning is “The machine selected for deployment does not have gdbserver installed.  You will be able to build the project, however debugging won’t work.  Do you want to ignore it and continue?

When I build the project I get the following error

Error 3 error MSB3073: The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “c:\Projects\LinuxProject2\LinuxProject2.vcxproj” “/solution:c:\Projects\LinuxProject2\LinuxProject2.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 LinuxProject2

Any idea?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you are using the Angstrom image for Beaglebone that requires special setup. Please follow this tutorial for details.

Note that you need to use a compatible toolchain. The new Debian-based toolchain will only work with Debian-based images.

heedaf
    Participant

That is the tutorial that I followed.  I got the correct toolchain added and I’m getting the same problem.  Is the tutorial outdated?  I do get an error when I download the GNU toolchain for Beaglebone and it says “Access denied”.  Any ideas?

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by heedaf.
    support
    Keymaster

Could you please post the contents of the “output” pane after trying to build your project? It should contain more information about the specific errors.

heedaf
    Participant

Tech support had me follow the Rasberry Pi tutorial which I was able to get working. Make sure you use the Rasberry Pi tool chains instead of the Beaglebone toolchain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.