Change font in SSH and GDB window

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Change font in SSH and GDB window

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello,
    I just downloaded trial version to try. Is there a way how to change font (or font size) in SSH window and GDB session window inside Visual Studio? The font is huge and impractical. I’ve searched the settings, however I found nothing.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Currently the font name/size is hardcoded. Would it be more usable if we simply used the default text editor font from VS settings or would you like to have two different fonts for that?

yaqwsx
    Participant

Hi,

frankly speaking, this is a hard question. It’s hard to imagine how would the think look like and how practical they would be. On the other hand – if there was a font setting, you could setup custom font or the same font the text editor uses. So I think the second option is much better.

support
    Keymaster

If you had an option to change the GDB Console font independently, would you set it to the same one the text editor uses, or a different one?

Currently you can change the default editor font via Tools->Options->Fonts and colors->Text Editor. We could set the the SSH console/GDB console font based on it.

anthrolume
    Participant

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I definitely vote for the ability change the gdbserver and ssh window fonts. I think you really don’t want to try to implement a font picker – it’s a huge PITA. So your idea of using one of the font/size combos already maintained by VS is a good idea. I’d suggest using the Command Window font for gdbserver/ssh windows, since the VS Command window has roughly the same function.

—————————–
    Bryan
    http://anthrolume.com
    (paid user)

support
    Keymaster

OK, we’ve added this to the preliminary feature list of v5.2

dpeters
    Participant

Has this feature been introduced? I am using R5.4 and cannot find the option to decrease the serial terminal font size. It’s slightly jarring as all the other VS fonts are much smaller.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

As of v5.4, most of the windows should automatically pick up the regular VS fonts and colors. If it doesn’t happen, please try attaching the screenshots of both the VisualGDB’s window and a normal VS window having a different font size and we will look into this.

DeeJayBee
    Participant

Hi, I was about to create a new thread for this very same problem; I have the very latest (June 2019) build and this is still a problem unless I am doing something wrong; please see the screenshot below.  Thanks!

(EDIT: the “VisualGDB Remote Console” window displays the correct font type/size however!)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by DeeJayBee.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

No problem, please try this build: VisualGDB-5.4.107.3203.msi

DeeJayBee
    Participant

Thanls very much that has reduced the font size!

Can you tell me how to configure the background colour of the window please; on one machine it is black, yet on another it is white.  I cannot find anything in the settings to control this; I thought it would be the “output window” background colour in the general VS “fonts and colours” settings, but this is set to the same (custom) colour on both these machines…

support
    Keymaster

Please check the following setting: Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Common->GUI->Use classic black and white color scheme for consoles.

DeeJayBee
    Participant

That did it, thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.