cannot install driver error 80070057

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu cannot install driver error 80070057

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bryanrobh
    Participant

Any idea why I get this error when trying to install?

pcgabriel
    Participant

Was a solution ever found for this?

It’s happening to me now on a fresh install on a new laptop. Works perfectly on all my other computers, but this one is having this error.

Driver install never pops up for confirmation, just the error. Plus, since it didn’t install correctly, there’s no uninstall for it in the control panel, and right-clicking on any iso crashes Windows Explorer (trying to load a dll for this that isn’t there). Frustrating.

vark
    Participant

Wellsir, I was having an installation problem and saw your post (and another) so decided to create an account.

This might not be your issue but it was mine:  follow the installation instructions Exactly.  Which sounds glib, but actually means that when it prompts you to install the driver (the screen with the “Always Trust Our Software” check box), Install the driver.  And for good measure, you might want to “always trust” them.  I mean, if you don’t trust them, you probably wouldn’t be trying to install their software.  You can still specify where you want it installed (I have a “System” folder for such things), if that’s your deal.  I’ve used it on previous builds and think WinCDEmu is pretty nifty; there were some ISO’s that Win8 just refused to mount and Win10 craps itself occasionally, too.  Once installed, it mounted the current problematic ISO with no issues and ejected it just as easily, so it appears to work fine with Win10.

On another tack, I’m not certain why installing the driver is separated from the main installation; at first glance it has the appearance of something… if not nefarious, then iffy.  But it’s not, thankfully.  So there’s my question, however lame:  why the separate driver installation?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.